- Mount the speaker next to the artwork so that relevant information is only heard next to that artwork.
- Direct the speaker to the artwork so that it appears that the sound is emanating from that artwork
- Shelf product promotion – a speaker mounted above the shelf for certain product promotion
- Individual sound for self-checkouts
- Localized sound for TV, so others are not disturbed, for instance late in evening when kids are sleeping, in a lounge rooms, waiting rooms.
- Installation at PC desk for headphone replacement for youtube watching and similar
- Personal music for the table in restaurant (hang the speaker above the table).
- Sound separation of different demos/products in the stand/room
- Make the products being shown ‘talk’ by directing the speaker to that product
- Make the holograms/transparent screens ‘talk’ by directing the speaker to it (maintaining the clean design without introducing the speakers next to such screens/holograms)
- Multi view display showing different view for gamers in the same room + speakers providing separate sound for the players
source (reality) effects
- Bird chirping or other sounds to create a nature/outdoor feel in indoor environment (offices, shops) – this is better than conventional speakers as the sounds appear to emminate from places where ultrasound is reflected rather than the speaker itself.
- Horror rooms
- Libraries, hospitals, command control centres?
CUSTOM SOLUTIONS (+some protection for outdoor use)
- Installation of the speaker next to digital signage to attract attention
- Car advertising, install the speaker on a car to attract attention in a more creative ways
- Detect if someone is beyond the safety line on the train platform
- Lifeguards can use the speaker to transmit safety information to certain (misbehaving) people at the beach (though would need 4 speakers to get > 50m)
CUSTOM SOLUTION (+VISION)
- Detect and identify person and transmit information relevant only to that person (greeting people by the name, telling them where to go: which gates at the airport, the room of doctor a person has to go to, etc)
- If many speakers are installed in the building they can be used to direct the person all the way to required location/room.
- Person tracking and following him/her with sound (person tracking with calibrated camera/cameras, directing the speaker mounted on a pan-tilt system to that person) – don’t know the application but would be so fun to do such a demo!